|Family tree:||Click here|
|Family feature:||Dark red hair|
|Traits:||Just and Cruel and Men: Prudent and Women: Spiritual|
|Skills:||Men: Awareness, Women: First aid, Women: Chirurgery|
|Blazon:||Chevronny azure and argent|
The Tarren is a proud family that has served the lords of the Rock for many generations, but have only recently been given lands of their own. They are known as loyal, strong and brave.
Recently, Irish blood came into the family, and luck has fallen upon it. They were granted lands of their own.
Heads of family
- Agenor, the shield of Sarum (rumored ancestor)
- Agathon, the first Christian Tarren
- Aed, the Aegis of the Hill
- Ceiwyn, who gave the family it’s lands
- † Alec Ap Gwion, Old knight, The brother of Urien. Died in 593
- † Gariadus Ap Lionel, Middle-aged Knight, A knight who recently came to his senses after a bout of madness. Died in 508.
- † Markod Ap Lionel, Middle-aged Knight, The younger brother of Gariadus. Died in 508.
- † Greid Ap Markod,Young Knight, the oldest son of Markod. Died in 508.
- † Penwyn Ap Markod,Young Knight, the youngest son of Markod. Died in 508.
- Penn Ap Cynsten,Young Knight, the first son of Cynsten
- Jareth Ap Alec,Young Knight, the newly knighted brother of Sarah
- Guinier ap Gariadus, Young Knight,
- † Fyrsil ,Lineage man, Shield bearer. The only other member of the Tarren family allowed to touch The Aegis.The second son of Cynsten. Died in 508.
Family Abiltiy: As our Heritage Obliges:
The Tarren will fight on until the bitter end, even when their bodies can no longer serve them.
A Tarren acts normally for 1 round after taking damage that would incapacitate most other men.
Women’s gift: (women)
+5 First aid, +5 Chirurgery
Tarren women have always had a talent for aiding the sick and wounded.
+5 Religion: British Christianity
Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
Fealty (lord): +1
We serve our lord, or we are nothing.
Dark red hair
It is not for noble men to be rash and reckless.
Tarren women have always been close to God.
There is a right, and there is a wrong. Find out the right, and act.
Do not spare the rod.
Tarren are stronger than they look.
Tarren heraldry has been around since the Battle of Carlion, where Ceiwyn was given a shield for his family as a reward for capturing the Irish cheiftan Niall's banner on the battlefield. The shield is inherited by the eldest son always, and cannot be modified in anyway by siblings, children or kin.
The pattern is taken from the lambda symbol found in Spartan shields, and the proud family members sometimes claim to be related to spartan warriors protecting Salis when he came to the island. But these are just rumours, no line can be tracked and few others than the Tarren's themselves think any of it. Most don't know who the spartans were anyway.
The Tarren has been in the service of the local lords in Salisbury for many generations, as warriors, guards and fighters. But only recently they were given lands by the lord of Sarum the Rock, to guards and hold in his stead. They are firm believers that the family on Sarum the Rock is descendants to Brutus the Trojan himself, who gave his name to Britain. And they believe that serving him, is serving the island. Many in the family even say that they are descendants from the bodyguards that Salis himself brought with him from Troy when he took the land. No-one really knows.
Nothing much has changed in the family, for the many generations they have served. They have lived in the manors, houses and castles of their lords and has been ever watchful and loyal. The family stayed much the same through the ages.
Ceiwyn rules the family
Some say that the first time the family changed, was when Aed married Irish-woman with flaming red hair. Their son, Ceiwyn, was passionate and strong. He was willing to die for his family and for his lord. And the lord of Sarum the Rock saw this strength in him and took him with him to the battles in the north. In the Battle of Carlion the young man fought with great bravery and the Lord of the Rock gave him land of his own, for his family to rule in perpetuity.