« • 494 • 495 • 496 • 497 • 498 • 499 • 500 • 501 • 502 • 503 • 504 • 505 • 506 • »
Madness takes hold
There is war all over Britain as many lords and knights fight over land in the vacuum that was left after the last Pendragon fell. King Nanteleod is slaying Irish and Cambrian hillmen alike, forcing them to unite under his banner and King Idres and his son Mark is hammering against the western parts of Logres.
In the east, a strange new saxon tribe calling themselves Anglian have invaded the former rich lands of Caercolun. What once was the richest part of Logres is now nothing but a Saxon colony.
- In Jutland, Froda usurps the throne of the Danes and drives the last Jutes and the Angles from what will become Denmark.
- In mid-spring, a huge fleet of Saxons appears off the Caercolun coast. It sails to the Yar River and a horde goes ashore to sack Yarmouth. They re-embark and sail upriver only to disembark again near Norwich.
- Caercolun marches their armies to battle, but the Saxons prove more numerous than expected, and the army is butchered.
- King Nanteleod of Escavalon wins a small battle against the king of Byrcheiniog and gains his vassalage.
- The Saxons assault Norwich, then starve out Buckenham and Thetford. They occupy those larger cities, and groups of Saxon warriors wander the countryside, robbing and killing. Thousands of refugees flee. When caught by Saxons, they are beaten and tied; they become thralls, or slaves, of the Saxons.
- Cwichelm is the Saxon king. In fact, he and his people are not really Saxons at all, except in the generic sense. They are the Angles.
- The Saxon paymaster tries to not pay any mercenary knights in his employ, claiming that they did not fight and thus deserve no pay. The knights argue vehemently, and Ælle finally makes his paymaster pay.
- King Nanteleod, with the newly allied hill men, marches west and attacks the Irish in their own kingdom of Estregales.
- King of Estregales is unprepared, but with his small household forces and local muster he fights a battle anyway, and is soundly defeated. Estregales swear vassalage to Nanteleod of Escavalon.
- King Ælle’s Saxon warriors from Suth Seaxe and the Jutes of Kent clash, marching against each other and meeting in battle deep in the Perdue Forest.
Madness takes hold, took place in 500 A.D. during the Anarchy Period and was played on 2017-05-27 in an unknown location.
Game Master was Ikabodo.
SuspektApelsin did not play this year, Arcas played Cadry, AshFall played Cynyr, EllenMsbck played Ennis and Skarpskytten played Padern.
Events that took place during 500 A.D.
During the year of 500 these adventures, battles or other events took place in the lives of the knights in the story.
Player Journals from 500 A.D.
Every year the players write their own stories of what happens around their characters. Most of the stories revolve around the characters lives in autumn and winter.
By the winter fire 500 A.D.
Twice a year the courts of Logres gather to discuss law, war, politics and gossip. Here is a list of quotes that can be gathered at these events.